Saturday, January 11, 2014

40th Bday Post

I stayed up until the wee hours of my birthday doing my 2013 self assessment for work.  It was actually pretty positive.  I listed all the stuff I've done, quantifying how many of this or that I did.  I found out that despite being so upset because I have more to do than I could possibly get done, I did an extraordinary amount of stuff this year!  Much of what I did was innovative, technical and complex.  I'm impressed with myself, and my boss should be too.  Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I'll just get a 3, "meets expectations".  The person that I watched be a total badass in 2012 only got a 3 on his review, and left shortly thereafter.  But despite what the boss does with it *I* know that this year I was a badass.

The outpouring of good wishes for my health and birthday has been really touching!  At work they outdid themselves decorating my cube and did a card where everyone signs.  Some people have reached out specifically and said some of the nicest and unexpected things.  Thank you all so much!

I'm going to get off here now and go see what sort of trouble I can get into!

No comments:

Post a Comment